Create a New Survey & Share a Link
- Navigate to the Yale version of Qualtrics:
- University Wide: https://yalesurvey.qualtrics.com/
- Specific Accounts:
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: https://yaleas.qualtrics.com
- School of Management: https://yale.qualtrics.com
- Law School: https://yalelaw.qualtrics.com
- School of Public Health: https://yalepublichealth.qualtrics.com
- Psychology Department: https://yalepsych.qualtrics.com
- Center for Clinical Investigation: https://ycci.qualtrics.com
- Click “Create New Project” in the upper, right corner of the screen
- Below “Create your own,” click on “Survey”
- Enter a Project Name in the open field and leave “Blank Project” selected
- Click “Get Started” in the upper, right corner of the screen
- Start adding questions as desired. You can click “Change Question Type” to toggle between question formats (e.g. multiple choice, text entry, rank order, etc.)
- To require a response to a question, click on the question and then use the “Change Question Type” panel to click “Force Response” below “Validation Options.”
- After you finish entering questions, click “Preview” to review your survey
- If everything looks good, click “Publish” (click “Publish” again when the pop-up window appears).
- A link will then display on the page, highlight and copy the link. If you do not see the link, click “Distributions” and then click “Web” to generate the “Anonymous Link.”
- An anonymous link means the link is not connected to a specific person before the survey, if you have not included a question on your survey for first/last name, then your data will be anonymous. If you want names to appear on the survey, you should include a field for first and last name.
Retrieve Results from a Qualtrics Survey
- Navigate to the Yale version of Qualtrics (see the above options)
- Click on the Project Name of your desired survey.
- From the Survey landing page, click on “Data & Analysis”
- You should see a preview of the responses to your survey.
- Click “Export & Import” to download the results.
- On the dropdown menu, click “Export Data”
- In the pop-up window, opt for the “Excel” version of the download.
- Leave “Download all fields” and “Use Choice Text” as the settings for the download.
- Click “Download”
- A “Managing Downloads” pop-up box will appear and the file will start to download on your computer.
- You can then locate the file in your computer’s file system (likely the downloads folder).
Tutorial: Creating a Survey and Downloading Results
Contact Qualtrics Support: United States and Canada Call: +1 800 340 9194